Respect

Today I realized how little it takes for a man to totally disrespect a woman. I was sitting listening to a male cousin as he held a conversation with his girlfriend on the phone. It didn't take long before the conversation took an inappropriate turn as far as I was concerned. As a matter of fact I was so appalled that I confronted him on the way he was speaking to the young lady. His response floored me. He said don't worry about it I'm not talking to you like that. Then he went on to laugh as I told him that he was totally out of line for speaking to her like he was (cursing and yelling). At this point I was irate and told him how disgusted I was at his behavior. He responded by saying you have to talk to y'all women like that otherwise you walk over top of us. No douche bag, you speak to a person with respect and you will get respect back. I'm sitting here processing this like WOW. So it's ok to talk to someone else's cousin (the girlfriend) that way. If everyone felt that way then the next man would be justified for speaking to me that way.

Let me just say this, I am blown! Ladies don't let any man speak to you in any manner that is not respectful. You are a Queen and are worthy. He can't respect you he doesn't deserve to have you in his life point blank period!

Comments

Popular Posts