Domestic Violence and PTSD

If you've ever been through something traumatic the more likely you are to understand this concept. 

Victims of domestic abuse and violence often suffer from post traumatic stress disorder. Just like someone who has been attached by a dog is forever scarred. 

What's interesting with this is that people recognize and accept the latter but the other not so much. I wonder if it's because they simply can't relate, choose not to relate or are merely that insensitive. 

I'm a very strong and confident person NORMALLY....however post abuse I often find myself struggling! Whereas before I never needed confidence boosters, or felt bothered in certain environments or situations. Well guess what...now I do and I am!! Does that make me less than? Absolutely NOT....it happened and this is my here and now. 


Comments

Popular Posts