Emotions on repeat

Time passes and I feel normal again. Life stabilizes and I begin to do the things I used to do, visit the places I used to go, talk to old friends again and begin to breath normally again. It's not that I forgot what happened that day when he tried to kill me it's just that each day I pick up another piece of my shattered life. Ahhhh!! And just at that moment something happens to shake the earth a little beneath me as a reminder of the wounds you placed on my body and on my soul. Anxiety takes over me....panic and fear resurface...the tears flow and once again I find myself scrambling. They say that's normal in the process of healing and that's it's okay to have those moments and even those days and that I should give myself permission to be a wreck. But, I'm not ok with that. I'm not ok with not having control over me. I hate it! That's when I have to reach out to my support system. It's important to know who is going to be there to help you through. It's a difficult process overcoming after you've been a victim to domestic violence or abuse. It strips you if your esteem, your confidence, your belief in yourself to make good choices. You begin to doubt...FOCUS, pray, lean on others, and even when you want to withdraw DON'T! Surround yourself with positive people. Doesn't mean you have to talk about it. Sometimes just their energy is enough to push you through your storm!! 

Comments

Popular Posts