Trust

Trust is critical when forging new friendships and building relationships. Some people trust too easily and others find it nearly impossible to trust others. Once someone breaks your trust it's hard to move past that. As a victim of domestic abuse and violence most people not only find it hard to trust again, but also have a hard time trusting themselves. You find yourself questioning things like should I wear this, am I making the right decision, should I go out with him, should I say this, should I feel this way, should I share my feelings...should I give him a chance, and other random things you never would have thought twice about before. It's draining!! How do you earn your own trust back...because before you an begin to trust another person you have to trust the most important person and that is you! Small steps...a little at a time. Begin making decisions after evaluating and then stand by it! Did you know confidence is built by constant reassurance? Up next....

Comments

Popular Posts